The Oak Ridge group welcomes people with disabilities and recognition has been given to include guests with an impairment, which could include: mobility, sight, hearing, learning disabilities or any other hidden difficulty such as dementia.
We would request that anyone wishing to make an enquiry or booking inform us of any special needs or disabilities that they may have, in order for us to meet any personal requirements.
- The Brackenborough and Ashbourne Hotels have ample parking and designated disabled parking spaces in the main hotel car park situated at the main entrance of the hotel. The parking spaces are located 10 m from the reception entrance.
- All ground floor areas of the hotel are accessible to wheelchair users and disabled cloakroom facilities are also available. Motorised wheelchairs are available by arrangement.
- The reception area has seating for guests to wait and we offer a porter service to all guests to assist with luggage.
- All our restaurant and bar areas are on the ground floor with no steps, as is the lounge areas where waiter service is available and much of the surrounding gardens including the terrace adjacent to the Bistro Bar.
- Guest will find corridors and public areas well lit and all of these areas are wide enough for wheelchairs, zimmer frames and/or pushchairs.
- Of the Brackenborough Hotel bedrooms, 6 are on the ground floor and of these 1 are twin-bedded; the others double-bedded. Telephones are available in all the rooms and room service is obtainable 24 hours a day.
- Of the Ashbourne Hotel bedrooms, 18 are on the ground floor and of these 2 are family rooms, 8 have the option to be twins (must notify the hotel in advance). Telephones are available in all the rooms and room service is obtainable 24 hours a day.
- We have a dementia-friendly room and key staff have been trained, and enrolled in the Dementia Champions scheme in conjunction with Alzheimer’s Alliance. The hotel has achieved “Dementia Friendly” status due to the steps we have taken. Please call us on 01507 609169 (Brackenborough) or 01469 541010 (Ashbourne) to specifically book this room.
- Service dogs (only) are allowed in the hotel.
- Large type and Braille menus and wine lists are available on request.
We constantly strive to improve accessibility to all our guests and any comments and suggestions you would like to make would be most welcome.
Oak Ridge Moments
"This place is excellent! What a hidden gem! Keep up the good work guys as this is one of the best hotels I've been in for a long time and I am away for 60 plus nights per year."